Welcome to Play mat for Babies dot com the complete and comprehensive guide to purchasing play mats, activity gyms, foam mats, and floor exercise mats. You will find useful information on everything you need to know like reviews, ratings, safety tips, features and buyer’s advice – we make it easy for parents to find the best play mat for your baby.
Why do babies need a play mat? – Safety is the main reason why parents should consider purchasing a play mat for their baby. Play mats provide a clean and safe zone for babies to lie on. Manufacturer design and rigorously test play mat designs for safety, fun, and development. For instance, play mat materials are safe (non-hazardous)for babies because they will suck on every little item they can grab. The toy objects around the play mats are design to a specific size and shape so the objects will not be a choking hazard.
Top 3 play mats for babies (non-crawlers): These activity gyms are great for babies who still lie on their backs and/or enjoy tummy time most of the time. These gym mats are typically smaller in size, which means crawling babies can easy escape the safe zone of the mat.
1. Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym is a great activity gym that will stimulate your growing babies with music, lights, nature sounds, games and textures. The play mat has colorful patterns and animal characters that will attract the little one’s curisosity. The gym also have a variety of toys to play with like a spinner with rattling beads, spinning butterflies, shiny mirror, crinkly leaf for peek-a-boo fun, movable and stationary activity toys. Read the full review here.
2. Tiny Love Lights and Music Gymini Activity Gym, Super Deluxe Lights and Music is a really awesome play mat that stands out with it vibrant colors and plush toys. Tiny Love play mats have tons of leaflets that sticks out from the floor of mat which makes it great for babies to practive their hand eye motor motion as they try to grab these items during their tummy time. This gym also has classical music to help them get engage even more in the play zone of the gym. Read the full review here.
3. Infantino Pond Pals Twist and Fold Activity Gym and Play Mat is another fun gym that will help your little one develop through music, sounds, color and touch. The activity toys are all made of soft plush material that makes it safe for little ones to grab and move around as needed. This play mat also comes with a soft bolster pillow that helps prop up babies for tummy time. Infantino also has wider selection of styles and themes that is just right for any little baby.
Top 3 play mats for babies (crawlers): When your little starts to enjoy the freedom of crawling, a larger play mat is typically needed. Here are some great soft and safe mats for your baby.
1. Dwingular’s Eco-friendly play mats are design for growing babies to provide a hygienic and safe floor space for their crawling and playing. These colorful play mats will roll out like a rug and the actual dimension is 90.5 x 55.1 x 0.6 inches. Overall, the Dwingular play mat protects your little one from hard floor surfaces, protecting wrists and knees from potential impacts and injuries from crawling, standing up, and falling.
2. Edushape Edu Tile play mat is another safe option for growing babies. These colorful foam mats offer versatility in safety because each square section are connected together like jigsaw puzzles and can be adjusted to fit any size room. A set of 36 pieces can cover a 72 x 72 x 0.5 inches. They also have letters and numbers as another educational tool.
3. Prince Lionheart playMAT have fun designs, pictures, and colors that your little ones will be love playing and sitting on. Prince Lionheart play mats are easy to fold and carry for travel, which is great for parents on the move. These mats are 58 x 65 x 0.2 inches and are dual sided. Another fine option for parents who are looking for a play mat to delight babies during tummy time, entertain toddlers for play time, and encourage young learners of all ages to engage and explore.
What are Developmental Benefits of Using a Baby Play mat Activity Gym? A mom’s perspective –